Saturday, June 4, 2011

Vogue 1220



Hats off to Donna Karen for this design!  This pretty shawl-collared shirtdress is feminine, easy to wear and fun to make.  I had doubts about the color, but it looks great on, and is perfect for summer.  I'm taking it on a NY trip and will wear it there.  I like the obi-belt, but I think I'll wear it with an ivory belt and shoes- it gives a nice orange sherbert look to it.  I added a lot of length to this one , I was very concerned that it would be too small, but it ended up being a little loose, which is okay with me.  I love that it has pockets and the tulip shaped skirt give it a vintage 60's look, that I just love.  I'm already thinking about making it again- one of the bloggers did it in a stable weave and it looks wonderful, I may do the same.


My tool for this project is Bernina's #63 foot.  I hear many sewers complain that these narrow hemmers never work, but I have had nothing but easy going with this one.  I run these long seams at full speed with no worries, and zip, it's done.  The key is to start the narrow hem correctly and feed the fabric straight into the foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment