Sunday, October 30, 2011

Vogue 1220 in Black

This Donna Karen dress is so easy to wear, you can't just have one.  If you haven't made this one yet, do yourself a favor and start one.  I want it in black and the weather has been mild, so I'll be wearing this for a while yet.

It's nice to work on a pattern that's already adjusted and is ready to go, and it's just as much fun to sew the second time around.


You'll notice my tailor tacks to mark the places that require precise stitching on the right side, I like them because they can be seen from both sides.

On another note, I am in love with Vogue 1268 and am trying to decide whether I want it in wool double knit or Ultrasuede.  I'm feeling pretty excited about the faux suede but vowed not to buy any more fabric.   Hold it!... Can Ultrasuede really be called a fabric?

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Too funny! I say go for it and make this dress in ultra suede. I am sure it will look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete