Here is the completed dress. It is described as a loose-fitting mid-knee length dress with shawl pleated collar, waistline pleats and side slant pockets. I've worn the orange dress several times since making it and each time I get complimented. Naturally, I want another one. It's relatively easy to make and the instructions are very good except for the the fly button closure. It's vague in describing how it should be attached at the hem. I had to rip a bit, insert it, then sew it closed again. I used a lightweight stretch cotton. If I ever make it again, I'll use a stretch linen or crepe, I think that will give it a more elegant look. I've made two and that's enough for now.
***Fabric alert! I wore the dress today and it felt just fine, however; when I put it in the closet, I noticed that the cotton was a bit heavier weight in the orange (first) version than this black. I prefer the heavier cotton stretch because it gives the dress more body and shows off the lines a bit more...f.y.i.
|Tie has a seam in the center as I didn't have enough fabric to cut in one piece, hope I don't get arrested.|
|My favorite custom necklace from www.seraphymdesigns.com|