Sunday, February 26, 2012

Vogue 1284 Sleeves Attached

Here's the pattern photo, as I wrote before, I think it's too big for the the model.  I wanted it to look more like it does on the runway so I made a few changes to pattern.

First, I lengthened the darts, front and back.  The originals are about 1.5 inches long- the longer darts give a neater look to the blouson shape.  I also reversed the closure so I could wear the opening at the front.  I also adjusted the shape of the skirt which I'll show later.

I can wear it either way.

The sleeves (pinned on)  are very full and will have a cuff that keeps them puffed, the leaner shape of the blouse is better for me with those full sleeves.

Here's a side view.  I found this wonderful Italian double knit at the fabric district in Los Angeles, it's perfect except that it shines at the mere sight of the iron- I'm having to press very carefully.  
Sleeves attached, first real try-on- the fabric is perfect and moves like it does on the runway.  I love this design on the body, it has a very fresh look about it.

The sleeves are fantastic, they hang like couture should and create a beautiful shape.  So far, I'm loving this more than I thought I would.

1 comment:

  1. I was really waffling on this,but you have sold it for me, I can't wait to see the finish......

    ReplyDelete