Sunday, February 5, 2012

Vogue Patterns Photography Could be Better

Did you see the new Vogue Patterns?  There are quite a few that are worth getting excited about, don't you think?  But...I see some photographs don't flatter the designs at all.  Take Vogue 1284, and no, I don't have any affiliation with the Guy Laroche house.


Dumpy, isn't it?  Looks like the outfit is wearing the model.  Since Guy Laroche patterns always fit with minimum alterations, I always give them a closer look.  After searching through Style.com videos; I found the show, and LOVE the design.  You can watch it here at 2:48, this ensemble is in two versions with the top reversed.


I love it, don't you?  It's taking a top position in my sewing queue.  I really like the reversible top, Vogue doesn't explain that feature.  Speaking of Vogue, I've been thinking of letting go of my subscription, I've always looked to them for fashion inspiration and they're moving toward a weak imitation of Threads while downplaying high fashion.

Now I'm working on jeans and altering a pattern for a Chanel jacket.  I'll write about the Claire Shaeffer class there.  I loved it!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment